Originally built in 1889, the cable suspension bridge stretches 446 feet across and 230 feet above the Capilano River. George Grant Mackay, a Scottish civil engineer, built the original bridge with hemp ropes and a deck of cedar planks. It was replaced with a wire cable bridge in 1903 and rebuilt again in 1956. Photo Copyright 2003 Robert Giordano.
Return to Category Thumbnails | All Categories