Building a Drone?
Are you building a drone from scratch?
Need help finding and selecting materials?
Want to make your drone lighter so it will fly longer?
Drone Frame Calculator
- Save time and money while reducing waste. Compare the weights of different materials before you buy or cut them.
- Select material specs from our growing database of carbon fiber and composites, or create your own virtual materials.
- Find out what a complex shaped object would weigh if it was cut from different materials.
- Compare strength vs weight of carbon fiber, wood, plastics, metals, and other composites.
- Create a project with many parts and see the total weight as you build.
- Add the weight of common components like batteries, motors mounts, cameras, flight controllers, and accessories to calculate available payload.
- Test new designs in the calculator before you build them, to see if they are lighter and stronger.
- Save your projects online to compare with others in the community.
- Contribute new material specs to the calculator database.
Launching Summer 2018
Want to learn more? Check out the dCal Blog!